At Candera, we offer both online and remote support in the form of customer-specific product updates, trainings, and maintenance.
It is our aim to share our knowledge and experience regarding HMIs. You can see FAQs from our customers here.
Here you can find frequently asked questions from Candera Studio users.
About Candera Studio
- What is Candera Studio?
- Candera Studio is an HMI development tool for embedded and automotive devices. Using Candera Studio, you can design and develop interactions between screens, UI parts, animations, and embedded applications. UIs made in Candera Studio can be previewed right on your PC and will appear as they will on your embedded device of choice.
- What level of performance is required for hardware running HMIs created with Candera Studio?
- Thanks to software rendering, HMIs created with Candera Studio can run on everything from low-end microcontrollers to the latest high-end graphics controllers.
- What operating systems/hardware are supported?
- HMIs created with Candera Studio can be used with any hardware or operating system, including on devices without an operation system.
- What kinds of products can be developed using Candera Studio?
- Candera Studio can be used to develop products for any embedded device with an LCD display, such as automotive meter clusters, IVI systems, HUDs, home appliances, elevators, heavy machinery, and medical devices.
- What kinds of people benefit from Candera Studio?
- Graphic designers, system architects, software engineers, planners who use prototype tools to plan products, all benefit from using Candera Studio, just to name a few.
- What kind of licenses are there for Candera Studio?
- Currently, there is one type, which uses a USB type license key.
- What does purchasing a license enable me to do?
- Purchasing a license allows you to use Candera Studio's editing tool Scene Composer to design and develop graphics, and allows you to visually check how the created graphics will look right away via the simulation tool Player.
- Is there a trial version?
- Yes, you can request a trial version from the button in the top right.
- How much does a license cost?
- Please inquire via the Contact page. We will respond to your inquiry as quickly as we can.
About product development
- Is a contract necessary to use Candera Studio for product development?
- Yes, a contract is necessary. Please inquire via the Contact page. We will respond to your inquiry as quickly as we can.
About Scene Composer
- What specs are required to run Scene Composer?
・System RAM ： 8 GB
・Storage： HDD (SSD recommended)
・GPU Consumer GPU with full OpenGL 3.x (or higher) support,
i.e. any graphics card that supports DirectX 11 (or higher).
*For using OpenGL ES 3.0 features in Candera, a graphics card supporting at least OpenGL 4.3 is required.
*For ESSL 3.0 shaders, Scene Composer requires a graphics card capable of compiling GLSL 3.0 shaders.
《GPU Driver Version OS》
・NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 10.18.13.6175 Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1 (Minimum)
・ATI Radeon RX 560 26.20.13003.1007 Windows 10 Enterprise (Minimum)
・Microsoft Visual Studio 2017
・Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) any version
・Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) any version
・Microsoft .NET Runtime 4.8
- Can Scene Composer be used on Mac?
- Scene Composer can only be used on Windows.
- Is an internet connection required to use Scene Composer?
- An internet connection is not required to use Scene Composer; however an internet connection allows you to use Candera Studio’s online documentation.
- What kind of support do you offer?
- If you have a special request for support such as a customer-specific project, please feel free to contact us. We support workshops, research and analysis of customer projects/content, and customer requests in the form of service projects at Candera.
- Do you offer any kind of workshops?
- We regularly offer free online workshops for beginners. Workshops for businesses are also an option. Please inquire via the Contact page. We will respond to your inquiry as quickly as we can.
- Does Candera Support functional safety for automobiles?
- "Yes, Candera Studio comes with an optional functional safety module for automotive clusters, based on ISO 26262 (ASIL A/B).